Dermal fillers are one of the most popular ways to look younger without surgery and their popularity is growing in the UK. One of the most common question we hear a lot is: do fillers hurt?
Well you will be glad to know that despite there is a little discomfort, getting fillers injected is much less painful than you may think! Read on to learn what you should know about dermal fillers before getting injected.
What are dermal fillers?
Largely used as an anti ageing injectable treatment, they help to restore lost volume to the face and hands as well as accelerating the production of collagen in the skin where collagen and elastin production has begun to deplete due to the normal process of ageing.
Dermal fillers are commonly used to treat: lines & wrinkles, marionette lines, thin lips, lip lines, nasolabial folds, jowls and sagging skin. Dermal fillers can also be used to restructure facial features such as the nose and jawline. Dermal Filler is made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the skin.
Do fillers hurt?
Getting filler is a little bit uncomfortable, but at VIVA, we use the safest techniques which also ensure minimal pain. We will also always use a topical Topical anaesthetic to numb the skin prior to injection. Most people will be surprised at how little pain they feel throughout the procedure and it is most likely that the treatment will be over before you know it. It must be noted that the results will definitely be worth it!
How long do fillers last?
Most hyaluronic acid fillers tend to fall within the 6 to 18 month range. The expected longevity of your fillers will also depend on the specific brand, the location in which they’re injected, your metabolism and other factors.
Lip Filler: 6-9 months
Tear Trough Filler: 6-9 months
Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty: 6-9 months
Cheek Filler: 9-12 months
Temple Filler: 9-12 months
Nasolabial Filler: 9-12 months
Jawline Filler: 12-15 months
Chin Filler: 12-15 months
What should you do after a dermal filler treatment?
Immediately after getting fillers, you will be asked to follow the following aftercare:
- Avoid any heat inducing activities for 24 hours such as strenuous exercise, spas, saunas and hot showers.
- Avoid pressure on the area for the first 48 hours (no face down massages).
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours
- Avoid active cosmeceutical products (AHAs, retinols, vitamin C) and oil-based makeup for 24 hours.
- Avoid touching the face too to avoid infection.
- Avoid facials, waxing, chemical peels, skin needling, microdermabrasion, IPL or laser treatments for 2 weeks after treatment.
- Do not massage the treatment area unless instructed to do so.
- To avoid bruising, we also say to use an Arnica cream or apply an ice pack after treatment.
Closely following all of these guidelines can help to ensure optimal results.
Interested in booking in for a dermal filler treatment with us? Use our handy online booking tool. You can also find his price list on our website.