We are all about sharing information and educating our patients. This is an important part of making sure everybody who joins us for treatment is fully informed and understands the process, but even further than that, we want to push for greater transparency within the aesthetics industry. With that in mind, here’s why we’ve decided not to use increasingly popular organic fillers.
What are organic fillers?
Many dermal fillers are primarily made up of hyaluronic acid (HA). You may have heard of this being a key ingredient in certain face creams and other beauty products, but HA is also an extremely important substance that is found naturally in the human body. When it comes to the skin, our own HA works to lock in water, maintaining structure and hydration. Organic fillers, which were first produced back in 2016, use a HA base obtained through a non-pathogenic bacteria called bacillus substilis to ensure purity.
Why don’t we use organic fillers at VIVA?
For us advancement in the industry is of course, extremely important and as an Allergan mentee, our Founder and Director, Dr. Rupert Critchley is continuously involved with the trialling and testing of new products. At VIVA, patient safety is our number one priority and that’s why we only use recognised, high quality products that have undergone a rigorous testing process. Organic fillers don’t yet meet these standards for us as they aren’t recognised by the appropriate governing bodies, including the FDA.
Which dermal filler products do we use?
At VIVA we use products from the Juvederm VYCROSS range for all of our dermal filler treatments. Fillers in this family are also HA based and are known to be some of the safest and most effective products on the market. Our VIVA practitioners also choose these products as they help us to produce natural looking and long lasting results that enhance natural features. This Juvederm range is made up of the following products:
- Juvederm VOLIFT: Designed to treat deep wrinkles and skin depressions, enhance facial contours and add volume to the lips.
- Juvederm VOLBELLA: Designed to treat fine lines and wrinkles and medium skin depressions. This product can also be used to enhance the lips and improve the appearance of the tear troughs.
- Juvederm VOLITE: Designed to aid the maintenance of skin hydration and elasticity whilst treating fine lines and improving the overall appearance of the skin.
- Juvederm VOLUMA: Designed to add and restore volume, particularly in the midface and cheeks.
- Juvederm VOLUX: A product with a higher density, designed specifically to treat the lower face, ie. jawline and chin.