HOW MANY AREAS OF BOTOX DO I NEED?
Botox is a popular cosmetic treatment that can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. However, the number of Botox units needed for each individual can vary based on factors such as the area of treatment, gender, and the strength of facial muscles.
At VIVA Skin Clinics, patients often ask, “How many units of Botox do I need?” To help determine the right treatment and the appropriate amount needed for optimal results, Allergan, the maker of FDA-approved Botox, has set guidelines for cosmetic professionals.
According to these guidelines, the number of units needed for treatment varies depending on the area of treatment. For example, for crow’s feet, 10 to 12 units of Botox are recommended per eye, and for frown lines and forehead lines, 20 units each are recommended.
While these guidelines provide a general outline, the actual number of units needed for each patient can vary based on their individual needs. During a consultation, the cosmetic professional will make recommendations based on the severity of the area of treatment and answer any questions the patient may have.
It’s essential to note that Botox injections must be administered by a skilled injection specialist, doctor or cosmetic nurse, who can provide effective anti-wrinkle treatment using the right injection site and dosage. The following are recommended units for specific areas of treatment:
- Between Eyebrows: 15-20 units of Botox are recommended.
- Brow Furrow: 15-20 units of Botox are recommended.
- Eyebrow Lift: Injecting 10-15 units of Botox into the crow’s feet on the side of the eyes can help lift the brow.
- Cheeks: Botox is not used in the cheeks. Many doctors recommend adding dermal fillers instead.
- Forehead: 5-15 units of Botox are recommended to treat fine lines on the forehead, depending on the size of the forehead or how much movement is needed.
- Glabellar Lines: Doctors recommend 15-20 units to diminish glabellar lines.
- Gummy Smile: 2.5 units are recommended on each side to relax the muscle and create a smile that shows all teeth and no gums.
- Crow’s Feet: An average of 10 units are recommended on each side to improve the appearance of crow’s feet.
- Eyes: 10 units are recommended on each side, strategically placed into various injection sites.
- Frown Lines: The average units used for frown lines is 15-20.
- Bunny Lines: 10 units are recommended on each side to ensure the whole muscle is treated.
WHERE ON THE FACE CAN BOTOX BE INJECTED?
Botox can be injected into a wide range of areas on the face. Below is our list of targeted Botox injection points and what they aim to achieve for the patient.
- Between the Eyebrows: This is to soften “11’s” or the deep parallel frown lines that occur between the eyebrows.
- Lips: Botox is used to reduce a “gummy” smile or a smile that shows too much gums. It is also injected into the lips to improve the volume which is also called a lip flip.
- Forehead: Botox is injected into the forehead to smooth out expression lines that run across the forehead due to aging and sun exposure.
- Masseter: This is an injection into the sides of the jaw to reduce the size of the jaw muscle to give a more heart shaped appearance to the face. This also helps bruxism or grinding of teeth.
- Chin: Botox is used in the chin to prevent dimpling of the chin or “orange peel”
- Nose: When injected into the nose we can reduce bunny lines, the top lines by the corners of the eyes as well as nasal flare and the raise the tip of the nose.
- Smokers lines: This helps reduce the lip lines on the vermillion border as a result of aging and/or smoking when pucking.
- Crowsfeet lines: This is the outer most corner of the eye we see when we smile. We can reduce the appearance of these lines by injecting small amounts of Botox.
AREAS NOT USED FOR BOTOX
There are areas of the face that are more ideal for dermal fillers to improve fine lines and wrinkles.
- Cheeks: Restore lost volume can improve texture, tone and lift to the face
- Temples: Improving the temples with dermal filler help open the eyes and add a youthful contour to the face.
- Tear troughs: Under eye area is excellent choice for dermal fillers as it helps reduce tired eyes and dark shadows
HOW MUCH IS ONE AREA OF BOTOX IN THE UK?
On average Botox ranges per area from £150-£30. Botox pricing depends on the experience of the injector, the location and the drug used to perform the anti-wrinkle proecedure. Botox is not the treatment name rather than the drug name. There are cheaper alternatives to Botox such as Bocoture and Azzalure which cost less for the clinic therefore the savings are passed onto the patient. At VIVA we use geniune BOTOX for all anti-wrinkle treatments.. We are always happy to show the Botox vial during treatment to ensure our clinicians are only using premium botulinum toxin for your Botox treatments.
BOTOX BEFORE AND AFTER
BOTOX BEFORE AND AFTER BETWEEN THE BROWS
BOTOX BEFORE AND AFTER FOR CROWS FEET
HOW WILL I KNOW HOW MUCH BOTOX I NEED?
In conclusion, while the number of units of Botox needed for each patient can vary based on individual needs, the guidelines provided by Allergan offer a general outline. Patients should consult with a skilled cosmetic professional to receive personalized recommendations for optimal results. At VIVA we recommend booking a free cosmetic injectables consultation if you are unsure of where to start on your Botox journey. All appointments include a consultation, so regardless if you book Botox with us online or a consultation- you can guaruntee we carry out a full consultation prior to treatment including pricing and areas addressed.